#10LPC – If you would like to take part in this challenge please use the above link
Fairy Tale Book
late one Sunday in turmoil
while Reading a book
adventures in a dark cave
lions sleeping by
teddy sitting up listening
when a slight touch, woke me
thinking it was the lion
startling me to jump up
it was mother waking me
oh, I was only dreaming
- A decastich (10-line poem) written in one single stanza.
- Syllabic pattern: 7-5-7-5-7-6-7-6-7-7
- Rhythm: dactylic (one stressed syllable followed by one unstressed syllable, i.e. AM-ber)
- Lines 6 and 8 have feminine endings. Incidentally, these are the only two lines with an even number of syllables (6).
- All the other lines begin and end on stressed syllables.
- Rhyme scheme: xaxaxbxbcc, where x means there is no rhyme
- Internal rhyme: The 5th syllable of line 1 must rhyme with the 1st syllable of line 2.