With Thanksgiving here, I thought this post would give you food for thought as you are enjoying your sweets.
What do you call a dessert?
Sweets – Pudding, Dessert, or cake with a cocktail after your main meal.
What Is A Pudding?
In my younger days, we always called a Dessert “Pudding”, but in recent years you do not hear the word “Pudding” I thought I would check out what a pudding is. Though many don’t like to admit it, using the term pudding or dessert has connotations of class. Using “Dessert” is thought to be posher than a homely pudding.
This distinction has eroded with more traditional recipes making a fashionable comeback in recent times; many restaurants (including top end eateries) using Pudding to refer to the sweet course on menus.
Types of Pudding, baked, steamed and boiled puddings, which I still make and the family love them.
Sweets – Desserts.
Homemade desserts or sweets are the easiest way to make inexpensive and delicious sweets, desserts or puddings for that special occasion Also when you make it yourself, you know exactly what has gone into the dishes you feed your family.
Cold desserts are always a joy to serve to guests, no one can pass on a good sweets dish, it is something you just cannot resist.
Sometimes it is just called a dessert with a cocktail after the main meal.
But a hot steam pudding with custard is even better when the weather is cold.
- 2 cups stewed fruit – e.g. apple plums apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup standard plain flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place stewed fruit in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar.
- Spoon the mixture over fruit.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until pale golden
- If you would like a Wholemeal Crumble, replace flour with wholemeal flour. Increase the butter to 1/3 cup of butter.
- Nice with Custard or ice cream.
What do you call a dessert, love to know you thought’s about this post.
Happy Thanksgiving my Friends.
NanoPoblano 2017 – Day 23