Photo Credit – Taranaki Base Hospital in New Plymouth NZ
Day 12 Twelve Things You Are Grateful For
June 12, 1942. Anne Frank received a diary for her birthday.
June 12, 2014. The last time I allowed the 12th to be a day of monthly mourning and depression for me. The next month, when the 12th rolled around, I chose to be grateful for the things and people I have rather than being depressed because of what I had lost.
Tell about a dozen things you are grateful to have in your life. It could be people, things, memories, etc. (Yes, I cheated on this one since I do this every month anyway.)
2. Nurses and staff that works very hard every day, caring for all the sick and needy in the hospital.
3. Doctors and staff at the Waitara Health Centre in New Zealand who care for my husband and I.
4. Waitara Pharmacy – Which is a must to keep our bodies thrifting.
5. I’m grateful for every day I see the sun rise that warms my home, its winter here in New Zealand, I’m sitting at my computer by the window, with the sun warming my old body, so nice and refreshing.
6. New World Supermarket Waitara – Where I buy our groceries, very helpful team, works there, where nothing is too big a problem for them to sort out for us.
7. Waitara TSB Bank – Always helpful no matter what the problem is.
8. Thomson O’Neil & Co in Stratford – Our lawyer Robert Mills, he has helped us get through many problems in the last 20 years. Thank you.
9. Accountant – Bryan McFarlane who I have known for some forty years, always available to help us where ever needed.
10. My neighbors and friends, I have made over the years, you are not forgotten, you are in my thoughts as the day and years pass by.
11. I’m grateful and proud to be a kiwi living in New Zealand – Land of the long white cloud – Aotearoa.
12. Last but not forgotten my family – Husband, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, which makes everything worth living for, Special thanks to all of you, you are the world to me.